Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1617181920

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, September 6, 2013 12:49 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:53 AM
I'm not sure who suggested it or when, but the idea of delivering this article to all new subscribers is great.

Some of us old dogs have been around the block long enough to read a while and get a feel for the general rules of any new forum before we dive in...but I see an awful lot of newbs who just rapid fire their stuff and then get all huffy when referred to the proper way to ask for help.
Post #1492374
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:46 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:06 PM
Hi... How do I attach a screenshot in my question? When I clicked on image---> but how do I insert there? I dont want to make attachment.
Post #1671155
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:54 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 8:25 AM
dallas13 (3/24/2015)
Hi... How do I attach a screenshot in my question? When I clicked on image---> but how do I insert there? I dont want to make attachment.

When you click on image it assumes it is an image on the internet somewhere. An easy way around this is to upload an attachment. Then when you are done posting you can right click the attachment to get the URL and edit your post with the image URL. A bit of a hack but it is what most of us do around here.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1671159
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:58 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 9:14 AM
dallas13 (3/24/2015)

At the next section down (Post Options), you have to do the "Edit Attachments" thing where you upload your graphic. Once you've done the upload, it will appear as an attachment. If you want it to appear in your post, right click on the attachment and select [Properties]. Copy and paste the URL of the attachment in between the IMG IFCode Shortcuts.

You could refer to a different URL not on SSC but if that URL ever goes away, so will the image on SSC so I don't recommend that method.

{edit} Posted at the same time Sean did above so apologies for any duplicate information.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems

Post Attachments 
01-volcano-lightning-studied-eyjafjallajokull-iceland--s1712x2048--p-jpeg_213530.jpg (11 views, 45.20 KB)
Post #1671161
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2015 1:21 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 8:25 AM
Jeff Moden (3/24/2015)
dallas13 (3/24/2015)

At the next section down (Post Options), you have to do the "Edit Attachments" thing where you upload your graphic. Once you've done the upload, it will appear as an attachment. If you want it to appear in your post, right click on the attachment and select [Properties]. Copy and paste the URL of the attachment in between the IMG IFCode Shortcuts.

You could refer to a different URL not on SSC but if that URL ever goes away, so will the image on SSC so I don't recommend that method.

{edit} Posted at the same time Sean did above so apologies for any duplicate information.

But that is a really cool image...WAY better than my boring old plain text explanation.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1671167
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1617181920

Permissions Expand / Collapse