Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

The Reporting Services 3-Trick Pony Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:47 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 7, 2008 11:26 PM
Hi

Thank's for the link. Yes, on this site it says under "unsupported features" that
"Remote data sources are not supported"
So only local data sources are supported and i cannot connect to other servers

Andy
Post #414846
Posted Friday, December 14, 2007 1:34 PM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 1:17 PM
I have tried to get this report to work to no avail, either. I downloaded what I believe to be the latest code, I am using SSRS2005 from within VS2005. I have set up the serverlist to only point to a remote dev box that I use all the time, but is sql2k, not 2k5.

"Cannot create a connection to data source "test"
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to Sql Server 2005 (which I am not), this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings sql server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to sql server)"
My serverlist and the static data source are on this dev box,and when I hit the exclamation point in the data tab, it brings back a server list result set, so I know I can connect to it.

When I hard code the data connection string, it works fine. it just doesnt like the dynamic part.

Also, what is the @loginname param used for? where is it set?

Thanks!

Post #433582
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse