Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

ReadMe Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2007 10:13 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 6:53 PM
If you have a bug or what you think is a big problem, please email the webmaster (webmaster at sqlservercentral.com) with it. We'll respond quicker.

If it's lower priority or an enhancement request, drop it in here.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #401429
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:27 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 10:08 PM
  1. Ok... I just lost my post by hitting the Preview button... would you please fix that first :D
  2. Also, lot's of functionality has been lost under the "Recent Posts" link... 
    1. What happened to all of the selections under "Recent Posts"?  Was real handy to go back a couple of hours to find a post you forgot the name of.
    2. ... and "Posts Added Today" isn't picking up all the posts posted today.  As of right now, there are 15 FORUMs that have posts of TODAY in the "Last Post" column... but when I click on "Posts Added Today", it only returns 3 posts.
  3. Why have they wasted so much room for the IFCode Shortcuts?  I'd rather see 2 things instead...
    1. Bring back the full range of emoticons ... I know there are more under MORE, but I value those more than the IFCode Shortcuts.
    2. Enhance the editor window control bar... put buttons up there for the more common IFCode's like Image, Code, Quote, etc.  Then, you won't need the wasted space to the left on the text version of the IFCode shortcuts.
  4. Why can't I at least see the post I'm responding to?   Most other "newer" forums allow you to scroll down to see the last message in the thread and some allow you to see ALL the messages on the current "page" whilst creating a response.

The new site is "pretty" and I understand that there are always "bugs" and missing/improperly working features, but I'd have waited another month or two for things to be done right :)

--Jeff Moden

"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #401479
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2007 5:20 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Friday, October 18, 2013 4:06 PM
it's extremely annoying to not be able to see the post you are replying to - in fact I think there ought to be a "quick reply" textarea on each thread page at the bottom where you could reply a post without going to the "post reply" page at all. just a simple textarea without all the fancy editor controls. dbforums.com works that way if you want an example.

---------------------------------------
elsasoft.org
Post #401481
Posted Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:38 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 4:08 PM
You can see the thread you're responding to. Scroll down below the reply box. The box is collapsed by default, but once you expand it (icon in top right of the box) you can see the latest 10 posts in the thread.

As a couple minor bugs, on the topic subscriptions, clicking page 2, 3 or any other still shows page 1. Or at least it so appears. On that page, any chance of adding in a check box to check all the checkboxes on the page? I have close on 200 subscriptions to clean out.

Another minor issue, on the edit signature page, the edit box seems to be acting odd, at least for me. I can only see one line of text in the box, despite there been 6.

My in box is showing -1 of 8 messages unread. Probably a data-related issue from the upgrade. Looks weird

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #401487
Posted Sunday, September 23, 2007 11:13 AM

SSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 6:53 PM
Sorry, meant to lock this. Please add new threads for your issues.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #401673
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:41 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:15 AM
Checking to see how the locked threads work!!
Post #403322
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:42 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

This doesn't seem to be locked at all... Is this a bug, or just not locked?
Post #403323
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:46 PM

SSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 10:08 PM
Knock knock... not locked...

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #403324
Posted Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:48 PM

SSC-Insane

Exactly my point... .
Post #403326
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse