Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Accessing .NET assemblies with SSIS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, August 09, 2007 12:24 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:22 PM
Comments posted here are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/dPriyankara/3180.asp
Post #389418
Posted Monday, August 20, 2007 11:36 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:57 AM

Hi Dinesh,

I will appreciate, if the steps has been given for adding to GAC. This will be helpful for all if one don't have or have little knowledge on GAC

Warm Regards,

Jignesh Mehta

Post #392328
Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2007 1:36 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:22 PM

Hi, Jignesh,

Thanks for the comment. I should have added that part too.

Assembly can be added to the GAC by using .NET framework 2.0 Configuration. This is listed under Control Panel-> Administrative tools. Open it and expand .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration- expand My Computer. Select Assembly Cache. Click on the second link Add an assembly to the assembly cache link in right pane.  Browse the assembly and add. Done!

Post #392346
Posted Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:34 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:35 AM
It might have also been a good idea to mention that you can also put assemblies into C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies and that they have to be strongly named to appear in the list. It is possible to use private assemblies in code but to do that you have to use late binding and something along the lines of Activator.CreateInstanceFrom

Post #392358
Posted Wednesday, January 05, 2011 12:51 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:46 AM
Hi I implemented this solution: I created a dll which centralized all the main functionalities, I placed in the GAC following the step mentioned in this article and now it's referenced by many script tasks.
The problem I found with this approach, is that every time I updated the dll, I had to open each script task and refreshed (remove and then add) the reference to the dll. If I didn't do that I received this error message:
Error: The script threw an exception: Could not load file or assembly '[dll-name], Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d683c8b35189db35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Does anybody know a way to update the dll without refreshing each script task one by one?

Thanks in advance.
Post #1043308
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse