Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Web Data Adminstrator Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:42 AM

From your description "I tried opening default.aspx and no luck I get the text code", I guess that when you navigate to "default.aspx" from your browser, you see the content of the ASPX file.

It looks to me that ASP.NET is not configured on your machine. Look at the properties of your virtual directory. do you see the TAB "ASP.NET"? and if yes, do you see the version 2.0 there?

If not, you need to go to "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727" and run "regiis.exe -i" to configure ASP.NET on your ISS.

Hope this helps.

Post #378024
Posted Wednesday, July 18, 2007 3:27 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 10, 2007 1:06 AM
It wasnt on 2.0. After I made the changes I still see the content of the file. Thanks for you help. I will see if I can get some help from someone that is familiar with asp unless you have other ideas.
Post #383027
Posted Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:46 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

In the worst case, i can help you out by setting up a meeting at www.gotomeeting.com

Post #383092
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:55 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:33 AM
Anyone tried this with SQL 2005 or SQL 2008? I have and it doesn't work as SQL 2005+ does not use SQLDMO.

Post #620691
Posted Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:09 PM
SSC-Addicted

I had tested it on SQL Server 2005 while writing the article. Did not test on SQL Server 2008 yet. However, I would expect it to work on SQL Server 2008 as well.

Post #620887
Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:58 AM
Old Hand

I have a SQL 2008 Dev server setup for any testing I want. If I could just get this app working with SQL 2005 then I would test it fully on SQL 2008

Thanks

Rudy

Post #621182
Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:27 AM
SSC-Addicted

So what is the problem you are facing? Did you get an error?

Post #621280
Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:54 AM
Old Hand

It work just fine when I select a SQL 200 server but when I select a SQL 2005 the error produced is show below.

Hopefully you or someone can figure this out.

Thanks,

Rudy

------------------------------------------------------

ERROR

Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at ASP.databases_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]To connect to this server you must use SQL Server Management Studio or SQL Server Management Objects (SMO).

at SqlAdmin.NativeMethods.ISqlServer.Connect(Object ServerName, Object Login, Object Password)
at SqlAdmin.SqlServer.Connect()
at SqlWebAdmin.databases.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Post #621324
Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:23 AM
SSC-Addicted

I did some search on internet to see there are any references to similar errors. The one given below looks interesting. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlsmoanddmo/thread/94f476c9-6d22-44e2-ba15-0786c0dfffaa/

It speaks about two downloads/feature-packs and probably they could help fixing the problem you are facing. Meanwhile, let me try to configure it on another computer and see if I can find some thing that can help you.

regards
Jacob

Post #621361
Posted Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:25 AM
Old Hand

Thanks for all your time and efforts!

Rudy

Post #621366
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »