Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL2005 SSIS Error Log - Where? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:09 AM
Hi, in SQL2000 you can go into a DTS package, right click, select package properties then enter a filename in the 'logging' box so that you can capture the success or not of the DTS package each time it runs to a txt file. Can someone please let me know how to set this up in 2005.  I've migrated a package from 2000 to 2005 which had an error log configured but it doesnt use it.....thanks v much

Post #354178
Posted Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:04 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, October 28, 2011 2:02 PM

It's not quite so simple in SSIS.  Open the SSIS package, right click in white space, choose Logging.  There you can choose where you want your logs to go (text file, table, xml file, etc.) and you can choose the level of the package at which you want to log (easiest to just choose top level) and which events you want to log, such as OnError, OnWarning, OnPipelineRowsSent, PackageEnd, etc.  Make sure after you ADD your destination for the logs, that you check the checkbox in front of it.

Check books online for more details.

I agree, the text files were nice and easy in 2000, not to mention the package logs on the server.

Post #354558
Posted Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:29 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:03 AM
-- SQL Server 2005
select * from [YOURDB]..sysdtslog90

-- SQL Server 2008
select * from [YOURDB]..sysssislog

may be this Web Site will Help u =
=======================
http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/467794/ssis-log-provider-for-sql-server-do-not-work-when-default-schema-is-not-dbo-sysdtslog90-sysssislog
Post #1082060
Posted Wednesday, March 23, 2011 4:18 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:20 PM
r_win_kurn (3/22/2011)
-- SQL Server 2005
select * from [YOURDB]..sysdtslog90

-- SQL Server 2008
select * from [YOURDB]..sysssislog

may be this Web Site will Help u =
=======================
http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/467794/ssis-log-provider-for-sql-server-do-not-work-when-default-schema-is-not-dbo-sysdtslog90-sysssislog

Since this thread was started in 2007, I guess the OP has already solved his problem or he doesn't care about it anymore

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1082566
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse