Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Conditional Flow in DTS Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:03 PM

Hi, Lawrence.

Thanks for the advice but this is exactly what I don't want to do.

I'd like to see if in one step I can load the info and validate the number of rows transferred in order to move to a new step (depending in the number of rows).

Best regards,

Post #372410
Posted Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:38 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:30 AM

I agree with you that it is not intuitive when you have a workflow property on a step.  This happened to me on a DTS package I was given to maintain and was a real pain to find out what was going on.  My solution once I found it was to just put an annotation note next to the step regarding the workflow property.  After that experience, I said to myself that I would probably not use them in the future.  But, after reading this article I may have to rethink that position.  A simple note about a workflow property would let you know to look into the step for the code.  Nice simple article.

Post #375619
Posted Tuesday, March 3, 2009 4:17 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, November 23, 2009 1:40 AM
Great - just what I was looking for however I found that the If statement had to all be keyed as a single line for it to work.
Strange really as the MS SQL HELP also formatted the IF as per the example here.....
Now all I need to be find, is how to enquire on a table using ActiveX...

Trainee Novice
Post #667159
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse