Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

SQLServer2005MSSQLUser$ComputerName$MSSQLSERVER Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:31 AM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, March 02, 2014 4:34 PM
Hi there i installed sql 2005 a month ago i also noticed all these new accounts but we use ad and have specific account i.e SQL

I remember somewhere in the install i told it not to use the preset ones but use domain\sql for all services.....

Hope that helps.
Post #404659
Posted Monday, December 22, 2008 10:58 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, April 29, 2013 5:53 PM
You can use 'domain groups' ONLY in case of clusters.

thx
vj
Post #624107
Posted Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:21 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:21 PM
The SQL Server 2005 installation creates these group accounts. You can find them adn their descriptions, members, and properties in Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Local Users and Groups > Groups

SQLServer2005MSFTEUser is for access to SQL Server and SQL Server FullText Search
SQLServer2005MSSQLUser is for access to SQL Server and SQL Server FullText Search
SQLServer2005SQLAgentUser is for access to SQL Server Agent

Based on my installation and environment, each group should contain
a) the account used to run SQL services
b) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Based on my installation and environment, the accounts are given various permissions on the directory and subdirectories to which SQL Server 2005 was installed, such as <install drive>:\Microsoft SQL Server.

For example, SQLServer2005MSSQLUser is given Full Control of D:\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\Data\

Post #1512055
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse