Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Ideas for SQLServerCentral.com Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 5:30 PM

Perhaps some sort of table of contents to keep things on a high level and then if you want drill down to it, and an alphabetical index of the scripts could be very usefull.

Thanks Steve and SQLServerCentral Team, you are doing a great job here.

Post #347490
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 8:48 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:41 PM

KISS, KISS, KISS

• Site menu on the top, no matter where you are on the website
  • User menu on the left
  • Ads with on left or right and not in between article headings
  • Bigger site search box (where to put this?)
  • Collapsible article headings and details (nice to have...put last on the 'to-do' list

Just my 2 cents

Post #347491
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 9:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 4:43 PM

I have been a subscriber for years, but very rarely respond or otherwise comment. Perhaps it's childish, but it bugs me to be referred to as a "Newbie" because I am an infrequent contributor. Otherwise, I have been a satisfied subscriber. I am sure you have lots of great suggestions from other folks for presentation suggestions.

Post #347496
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 10:02 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:45 PM
I would love to see a section that reviews 3rd party software in a video format like CNet does with there Editors reviews of products.  Then a link to real users opinions and rankings of this software would be nice.

Post #347526
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 12:06 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, April 10, 2009 10:42 AM

I really like the Editorials. I think they add a lot to the newsletter. I like that I can read what other people in the profession think.

One suggestion would be that some of the links don't take us straight to the article. Sometimes I have to click on 2 or 3 links before I find the article. And every once in a while the article isn't there anymore. It would be nice to be able to get to the article with one link.

Please keep the font normal size. After staring into computer screens all day, it is nice to be able to read something in normal font.

Thanks for having this newsletter available! It has been a big help!

Post #347574
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 1:20 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:43 PM

Great job; keep up the good work.  I like the following:
    Editorials
    Member-of-the-month (though I don't pay attention to it; it's important)
    Second Look

I agree that the look and feel of the site should be stable; it should rarely change.  Every few years, maybe OK; but every 2 years is probably too much.  Perhaps every 4 to 5 years consider a major change--but only because you have ways to make it better, more useful, etc.  I don't want glitz and glamour; I want elegant, nice design, easy-to-use, not too busy.  I love the fact that it is relatively straight-forward and not too busy.

I like the level of advertising--very good.  I agree with your position on personalization and news.

I agree that the characteristics of the sites you don't like are to be avoided at all costs!  I won't use those types of sites, unless I absolutely have to. 

Post #347595
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 1:20 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:30 AM

My two things would be to enhanse the Question of the Day; and site layout consistency.

For the Question of the Day it would be nice to be able to see not only the question but also the correct answer for those you have already answered.  Currently I can only see the answer I gave and even that doesn't appear to be easy to find.

For the site layout there appears to be to radically different layouts for the main site and for the forums.  Getting the layout and colors the same would be kind of nice.

Just my two bits,
Jereme

Post #347596
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 2:24 PM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:21 PM
Whatever you do please remove the bold on links feature. Its very annoying. Community Server is releasing(or has it released it already?) a new version CS2. I hear its pretty good. Perhaps we can use CS2? They allow some user customization too. forums.asp.net uses CS if you want to check it out.

Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
Post #347618
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 2:48 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:30 AM
I have to agree, this feature has caused me some minor annoyances as well.
Post #347631
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 4:47 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, May 23, 2014 4:52 AM

Just to add a +1 for the removal of the bolding of links..

As another idea how about a SQL Server Cookbook esque wiki for common admin/sql tasks?

- James

--
James Moore
Red Gate Software Ltd
Post #347661
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse