Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

A Review of NGSSQuirreL Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:07 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 14, 2014 4:18 PM
Comments posted here are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/mcoles/2828.asp
Post #339764
Posted Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:31 AM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:32 AM
Does anyone else think that, while this looks like a decent tool which gives quite a thorough report, it is vastly over-priced?

We have about 60 servers here and I have been quoted nearly £18k for an unlimited license, and that's only for 1 year! Even a 50 server license was over £13k. For a tool that I would realistically be using only a handful of times on each server I'm not sure I can justify that amount of money.

-----
James Lean
@jamesleansql
Post #343510
Posted Thursday, February 08, 2007 12:47 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:28 AM

I agree with James... I looked at product about a year ago and although it appeared to be a really good tool, the price we were quoted was extremely high.   Especially as James stated that it would only be used a handful of times on each server per year.

David

Post #343561
Posted Friday, February 09, 2007 7:37 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 8:03 PM
This is overpriced and therefore I would just stay away. You can probably find cheaper alternatives.

* Noel
Post #343774
Posted Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:00 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:25 PM
Does anyone know if I buy the unlimited license for SQL Server, if I have to pay separate for their Oracle version?

Post #359044
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse