Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Exception handling in DTS Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:54 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:21 PM
Comments posted here are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/kjambu/2762.asp
Post #330039
Posted Wednesday, December 20, 2006 11:23 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:46 PM

Thank you!  Never used Multiphase Data Pump before so was a great introduction.  Very interesting object!  Also the article made me look at things I overlooked before, great.

BTW, the error count before failure is (fairly?) exposed, I use it for a regular data pump and the Disconnectded Edit allows to enter a larger number manually.

The problem I am having is that DTS does not fail on data type mismatch, but simply inserts NULL if say a nullable numeric column gets a char.  If anybody knows how to fix this please send me an email: rafael.public@comcast.net.  Thank you in advance.

Kindest Regards,

R
Post #331874
Posted Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:28 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Monday, April 18, 2011 5:08 PM
One correction - you mention that PK violations can be handled using the DTSLookup feature, but FK violations can't.  Actually, you can, and I have some packages that do just that.

James C Loesch
Post #332011
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse