Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

New T-SQL Features in SQL Server 2005 Part 2 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, November 26, 2006 11:23 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:55 AM
Comments posted here are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/sramakrishnan/2738.asp

Kindest Regards,

Sureshkumar Ramakrishnan

Post #325524
Posted Wednesday, December 6, 2006 3:22 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Hi All,

The following are the references that were used in the write up for the article.

It has been missed during the compliation of the article.Please refer to the reference for further details.

REFERENCES

1.SQL Server 2005 Books Online 

Kindest Regards,

Sureshkumar Ramakrishnan

Post #328232
Posted Wednesday, December 6, 2006 8:14 AM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 6:00 AM

Isn't there an error in the first example?  Shouldn't the last record in tblsection join to the 4, Test record in tblModule? 

I think that you didn't mean to insert the 4, TEST record into tblModule, correct?

D'Arcy

Post #328330
Posted Wednesday, December 6, 2006 8:32 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Great article!

I particularly enjoy the OUTPUT clause.  One of the thing that I bi***, er, gripe about is data archiving.  It is usually left out of designs until the server fills up.   This will be a great boon as I can now write my archive function with only one statement per table and wrap the whole thing in a transaction.  My archive database is an exact copy, structurally, of the production database.

ATB

Charles Kincaid

Post #328338
Posted Wednesday, December 6, 2006 10:04 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

You are right D'Archy .The section table should not be populated with the records for Module 4.

Apologies for that ..Just execute the following script and it should give you the desired results

delete from tblsection where fk_moduleid=4

Thanks for your comments

Kindest Regards,

Sureshkumar Ramakrishnan

Post #328414
Posted Wednesday, December 6, 2006 1:30 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:44 PM

Good Article, easy to read and understand.

Regards,
Yelena Varshal

Post #328506
Posted Thursday, December 7, 2006 8:10 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 18, 2009 1:07 AM
Couple of things incorrect with the OUTPUT example. There is no 'Oxford' store to update in dbo.tblStore and the SELECT * FROM dbo.StoreAudit should show the InsertedStore as 'Grantham'.

Post #328777
Posted Friday, December 8, 2006 8:01 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, February 9, 2007 8:44 AM
Good work Suresh. I am following this series. Thanks a lot.
Post #329112
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2007 8:44 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 10:26 AM
Very good series! My entire shop, with the exception of a one-shot project, is SQL 2000, I'm hoping to move it to 2k5 in the next six months as prep for 2k8. Useful stuff, I only wish that your articles linked to previous/next articles in the series.
Post #426931
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse