Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Moving Your Database to a New Server Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:44 AM
Hello,

if my database has a merge publications with web sync. and has around 85 subscribers. i want to move it from ServerA to ServerB.

ServerA will stay online since we have other databases and publications on it, but to decrease the load we will move this database to ServerB

my concern is that all subscribers will stay okay without the need to recreate them on ServerB

how can we do that?

regards,
Post #1080920
Posted Friday, July 20, 2012 4:58 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, July 20, 2012 4:52 PM
Oddly enough, I found your question while searching for my name on Google. I suspect we have the same name (and possibly the same middle initial).

Personally, I would generate scripts for the subscriptions and verify that no references to serverA appear in the scripts. Following my own advice, I find that the server name for my subscriber (transactional in this case) DOES in fact appear, but only in comments and job names. Try generating the script for your merge subscription (it was easily done to a new query window in SSIS 2008).
Post #1333286
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse