Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Alternative to the Microsoft MMC Console Expand / Collapse
Author
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 5, 2014 8:30 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/jGuenther/alternativetothemicrosoftmmcconsole.asp
Post #294217
Posted Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:02 PM
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Since the writting of this article I have developed the right click and disconnect idea.  If you would like the files for this then PM (click on my username) me or post an email address and I will ship them off to you.

I also noticed that the area in which the activeX object opens isn't always consistent.  While it typically only changes by a few pixels at a time, I haven't been able to figure out why yet.

Post #294231
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 6:19 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, May 5, 2014 8:53 AM

Haven't tried it out yet, but just read your article.  Cool Concept!

Thanks for sharing, will give it a whirl.

-CG.

Post #297389
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:44 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:47 PM
Well, I tried this, but it looks like this may be outside my skill set...is there anything special that needs to be done to make this work?  I am more a DBA, not a programmer...

-- Cory
Post #297463
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:46 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:58 PM
Great work and thanks for sharing! My hunch is that I have used this ActiveX control when using Virtual Server but I definitely have never attempted to use the control in my own custom page.

Post #297500
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:51 AM
Right there with Babe

It's not that difficult, but if you are trying to do it on your own then you will definitely need a good programming skill set in javascript or vbscript.
Post #297534
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:54 AM

Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Last Login: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:47 PM
Thanks! I will ask around and see what help I can get.

-- Cory
Post #297538
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:18 AM
Right there with Babe

Cory, are you trying to setup the whole thing, or just the right click and disconnect feature?

If it is just the disconnect feature then PM me with your email and I will send it to you.

If you are trying to set the whole thing up for the first time, then I don't think you will need an increadibly indepth programming skill set.

Post #297543
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 2:48 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:18 AM

Jereme,

Great article!  A few screen shots would have been nice... 

All the best,

Dale

Author: An Introduction to SQL Server 2005 Management Studio
Post #297589
Posted Wednesday, July 26, 2006 3:04 PM
Right there with Babe

Good idea, sorry this is only my second article.  I will remember that suggestion for next time.
Post #297593
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 123»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse