Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««12345»»

Data Driven Subscriptions Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:18 AM
Is there an update for this sproc?
Post #933301
Posted Monday, August 16, 2010 11:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, May 20, 2011 12:02 PM
The Solution does not work for SQL Server 2008 Standard , Please assist
Post #969952
Posted Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:45 AM
Thanks Jason for sharing this clever way to overcome some of the short comings in SQL Standard Edition.

I don't mean to spam this form but I like to present an alternative from Fuel9 called Boomerang. The Boomerang framework use the SSRS (2005 or 2008) API to render reports and supports things like "file share" output and multiple reporting parameters in addition to Email/Fax/FTP/Print Server output.

You interact with the framework in a database interface that requires just basic SQL skills and it includes a service oriented method of managing deployed "subscriptions". The standard edition of Boomerang is free.

/N
Post #993367
Posted Monday, May 16, 2011 10:49 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:16 AM
Jason,

I'm definitely interested in the revised version. If you still have it available, please send it or tell me how I could find a link.

Thank you so much.
Post #1109604
Posted Monday, May 16, 2011 11:12 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:21 AM
This is the most recent code I have. It may need some tweaking for 2008, I've not tested it on '08.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Development/2824/

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
Post #1109633
Posted Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:20 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, June 10, 2011 2:40 PM
Does this work with sql 2005 also?
Post #1111011
Posted Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:23 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, June 10, 2011 2:40 PM
nevermind I got it to work
Post #1111014
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 11:39 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:01 PM
Jason,

I am in the same situation to implement Data Driven Subscription to a File Share while we are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition. I'm really interested in taking a look at your improvements. Please send me the instructions for the modified stored procedure.

Regards,
Aditya Moitra
Post #1372302
Posted Friday, October 12, 2012 11:50 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:21 AM
aditya.anita.moitra (10/12/2012)
Jason,

I am in the same situation to implement Data Driven Subscription to a File Share while we are using SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition. I'm really interested in taking a look at your improvements. Please send me the instructions for the modified stored procedure.

Regards,
Aditya Moitra

The newest version is available here ---> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/2824/

The "file share" naming method is described here ---> http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Reporting+Services+(SSRS)/69546/

Hope this helps.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
Post #1372307
Posted Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:51 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, January 14, 2013 7:45 AM
Very nice article. I have also had a similar request for our user community. The biggest issue we face is the implementation of a user interface that is simplistic enough for the uers of our reports. We have around 20 varied reports and each have up to eight optional parameters to choose from.

One thing I have noticed is that if you have an error on the parameters its not fun to try and clear it up so the subscription will run again. I can run, as a test, a single subscription a dozen times without changing the parameters and can count on it failing at least 20% of the time due to a parameter issue. It's extremely frustrating.

If you post any further tweaks to the code I would love to see them.

Once again this is the best article I have found on this particular subject.
Post #1390078
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««12345»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse