Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Resources? Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:34 AM

Hi All,

Just changed jobs and the new company are SOX complient.  This is all very new to me, so if you have any good resources I can read up on, I'd appreciate it.  Also, are there any SOX resources which target DB Servers/Applications/Installs?  We run SQL Server & Oracle, so I'd be interested in reading up on both.

Thanks
Clive

Post #252285
Posted Monday, January 23, 2006 8:00 AM
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
No one has responded to this topic yet. Even if you don't have a complete answer, the original poster will appreciate any thoughts you have!
Post #252810
Posted Thursday, March 2, 2006 3:18 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 11:43 AM
No, SOX is not technology related - it's process related. You need to interpret the Act into a requirement for an application. Then you need to figure out where SQL Server fits into it and the that understanding should give you your requirements.

Put shortly, you need to understand SOX and the application before you can decide whether the data held on your server is material for compliance the Act.
Post #262628
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse