Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Login failed for user ''NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON''. [SQLSTATE 28000] (Error 18456) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:52 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:04 AM

Hi All,

I have an Sp which consists of Linked Server used to connect remote system. If I run this SP

from QueryAnalyzer its working fine. I  kept  this SP as SchdulerJob and I m started to execute that Job.

It is reporting the following error.

Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. [SQLSTATE 28000] (Error 18456)

I checked authenticatin modes also(both source and destinatins) all are fine. I gave the owner of the job as also sa. In addition with this I gave the job with Self as Run as User Option

Still its not working

Can any body help me to resolve the solutions

Waiting for immediate reply

veera 

Post #246883
Posted Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:52 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, February 24, 2012 1:55 PM

Check this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q237/6/04.ASP&NoWebContent=1

Post #247004
Posted Thursday, December 29, 2005 7:05 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:09 PM

If you use full-text searching, you must grant the NT Authority\System sysadmin rights to SQL Server if the Builtin/Administrators role is removed:

EXEC sp_grantlogin [NT Authority\System]

EXEC sp_addsrvrolemember @loginame = [NT Authority\System], @rolename =  'sysadmin'

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=263712 for the full article.

Post #247197
Posted Monday, May 14, 2007 12:06 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:54 AM

Judging by the timestamp of your post, chances are that you would have aleady found a solution to your issue. If not, here is what you can try.

I was facing a similar issue where in I had a SP which created a linked server, then executed some remote queries and finally dropped the linked server. This SP was working fine when executed from within Studio Manager (I'm using SQL 2005) how ever as soon as I tried putting it in a job it failed with the exact same error message.

I discoverd the issue to be this: The SQL Server Agent on the host machine (my desktop) was configured to run under the "Local System" account. Thus the job was getting executed under the "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" account which ofcourse can not be used to connect to another SQL Server on the domain as it is a 'local' account.

The resolution is to configure the SQL Server Agent services to run under a service account which has the appropriate rights on the remote (linked) server.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kuljeet

Post #365715
Posted Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:03 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, September 7, 2007 1:06 AM

Hi All,

I have a SP which consists of Linked Server used to connect remote system. I am calling a SP present in remote system thru linked server and when i execute that i get the following error Login failed for user ''''NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON''. Both the servers a present in same domain and are running under Network Service Accounts.

Can any one help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance..

Kumar

Post #381741
Posted Monday, July 16, 2007 5:02 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, August 11, 2014 9:39 AM
Change the network service account to a domain account in both the servers. This is because of hop issue.

Cheers,
Sugeshkumar Rajendran
SQL Server MVP
http://sugeshkr.blogspot.com
Post #381869
Posted Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:00 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:03 AM
Hi Sugesh,

Can you elaborate on how to change the account?

Thanks,
Ham.
Post #424754
Posted Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:31 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:27 AM
I fixed my issue with LOGON failure for NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM... which was an error when I scheduled a SSIS . My SQL Server Agent is using NT Authority account

I added NT AUTHORITY as a user to SQL Server 2005
Created one credential with my userid and password
used that credential to create a proxy account
added NT AUTHORITY to the "Prinicpal" window( not needed if the user is already has sysadmin)

On the Step I used this Proxy account to "Run as"

Make sure the account you are using as credential is added to the other server as administrator

Hopefully it works for you
Post #520180
Posted Sunday, October 19, 2008 4:01 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:44 PM
I'm having the same problem subhad; could you clear me about followings?

"I added NT AUTHORITY as a user to SQL Server 2005"> I have NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE, and NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK, NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, and NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM is that enough or I should create NT AUTHORITY by itself. Besides, how I can configure which user my sqlagent is running under?
" Created one credential with my userid and password" > how?

Thanks in advance
Post #588231
Posted Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:39 PM
i m also facing the same issue...
please letme know if solution works....
Post #675798
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase 1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse