Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Server Encryption Best and Worst Practices Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:56 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/NWeicher/securityworstpracticeneil.asp

Post #2381
Posted Monday, January 28, 2002 10:48 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:20 PM
Interesting article. I like your point of view and tend to agree. The DBA is often responsible for the data as well as the system, and that is not the way it should be.
Personally I am still against encryption in most cases as it causes issues in troubleshooting, but in places where there is sensitive data, I am not completely opposed to encrypting nonkey columns, as long as someone else is responsible for the key

Steve Jones
steve@dkranch.net

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #27010
Posted Friday, July 6, 2007 12:53 PM
Say Hey Kid

Say Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey KidSay Hey Kid

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 21, 2012 1:52 PM
OK. this correlates to the archiving plan issue... the web site has been redesigned since the article was written, and the quote with the associated link is gone. NOW how do we get the information retrieved that you reference?

is this a more secure solution than encryption?

by the way, what's the difference between lightning and lightening?
Post #379678
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse