Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSL Certificates on SQL Server 2005 for Reporting Services Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 4, 2014 2:28 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/drussell/sslcertificatesonsqlserver2005forreportingservices.asp

Thanks,

David Russell
Oracle Since 1982
SQL Server Since 1998
Post #235320
Posted Thursday, December 1, 2005 5:27 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Sunday, October 26, 2014 2:30 PM

What a great article, following it through I was able to get SSL working on my RS 2005 installation first time!

Shame on Microsoft for making it so arcane and obscure to do this. I couldn't find any documentation at microsoft.com that explained these file changes - would it really have been so hard to knock up a Wizard to do all this for you?

Post #241080
Posted Friday, October 27, 2006 6:17 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, April 5, 2007 12:50 PM

This is excellent information - which solves many SQL Server / Reporting Services install and usage issues - thank you very much!!!

I also agree that Microsoft has some work to do - It's a bad install - plain and simple.

Post #318854
Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:56 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, June 13, 2009 10:39 AM
I know this is way late after the fact, but here is the way to enable http just for the RS Help pages, which allows the non-SSL help page link to work...

From Roman Rehak: [url=http://www.sqljunkies.com/WebLog/roman/archive/category/370.aspx][/url]

"- Expand the Reports site in IIS Manager, open the properties of the EN subfolder and uncheck the SSL setting. The EN folder contains the English help files so deselecting SSL on that folder will allow you to view help without SSL. You will need to modify other folders if you use help other than English."
Post #523605
Posted Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:55 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:48 AM
Hi,

How can configure SQL 2008 RS for SSL connection? I have actually this error:
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

Witold Lulka
Post #793166
Posted Monday, October 26, 2009 11:42 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:02 PM
i need help to understand how ssl is working, as currently i have web server, my customer uses https connection to web site, while my database and reporting server in the another vlan where customer do not have access. since i have vpn access, i am able to access the report, but my coming from the same website cannot access the report. Any idea what should i do, i am new at this SSL for the reporting service.

RJPATEL
Post #808883
Posted Thursday, April 15, 2010 11:44 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Friday, July 25, 2014 2:47 PM
Is SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Configuration Manager won't create Virtual directories in IIS? like ReportServer & Reports under default website in IIS?

Thanks
Post #904260
Posted Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:07 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 3:18 AM
Do you mean that once SSL is activated the only way to access the ReportServer will be over https not anymore http?
Post #999473
Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:31 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:55 PM
Hi,
I have followed the instructions exactly as in the article but at the end still I am getting the same error
"The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."
Environment is SQL Server 2005 Reporting services
Post #1049643
Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2011 2:00 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:55 PM
It resolved. One additional thing that I did which worked for me is. Installed the certificate in "Trusted Root Authority" store on the server.

.. On the server
1. Accessed the server repors URL
2.Clicked on the Certificate Error message on the browser.
3.Clicked "Install Cetificate"
4.Choosen "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store to install the certificate.

Now my reporting services are working fine on SSL.
Post #1049651
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse