Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Diagnostic Manager Review Expand / Collapse
Author

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:07 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the content posted at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/kKellenberger/sqldiagnosticmanagerreview.asp

Aunt Kathi
Microsoft
(Former SQL Server MVP)
Post #232217
Posted Tuesday, November 8, 2005 10:53 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:34 PM

running "worst performing queries, traces and batches" can be an overkill for the busy production server, since SQLDIAG is running traces on a target server. The good part that you can turn them off completely or run only at certain times.

Nice product, but pricey, when it comes to adding more servers to monitor...

Post #235789
Posted Wednesday, November 8, 2006 7:07 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:35 PM
I must admit, using Idera DM makes life a lot easier for any DBA. Some DBA might call you lazy for using a tool like this, but I seriously disagree. DM can give you a deep insight into any SQL server, almost instantly. My former CITO's opinion after about 3 months of using DM was, how did we ever get along without it.

I've been using DM for almost 12 months now (since 3.5). I recommend it to all my clients (I think I should start charging Idera some commission).

It is true that in same cases it might cause overhead on your server, but finding a solution to a problem, that otherwise might have been eluding you, is always worth that cost.

Post #321284
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse