Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Executing a Package from Visual Basic Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 11, 2007 2:01 PM

This is a good example of calling a 2000 DTS package.

What is the logical equivalent for a 2005 Integration Services package?  Since they aren't necessarily stored on the server, is there a trick?

Post #302919
Posted Friday, January 09, 2009 3:14 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:34 PM
Anyone have any thoughts as to why the Microsoft DTS reference wouldn't be available in VB?

Thanks
Post #633943
Posted Friday, January 09, 2009 3:16 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:12 PM
My first thought would be - what version of VB? in 2005 and 2008, MS got picky as to what feature you could get to depending on the version. I don't think you can get to it unless you have the SQL client components installed AND you have VB.NET pro or better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?
Post #633949
Posted Friday, January 09, 2009 4:19 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:34 PM
I have .NET 2008, but not sure about the Client Components. How can I confirm installation/install that?
Post #633987
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse