Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

SQL State Error 'HYT00' Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Today @ 11:14 AM
Hey Dan,

You can ping the IP address from the client, correct? Have you tried connecting via Query Analyzer on the client? DSN's use ODBC, QA does also. There's no magic to a DSN, it's really just a way to keep your connect string external to the app. Also as far as connecting there is really no difference between system, user, and file DSN's. Are you using SQL or NT authentication? Have you run Profiler while you're testing to see what if anything is coming across? What kind of lag are you seeing when you ping/tracert? I would suspect a network issue more than a SQL issue. Only other thought is to install latest MDAC on one client and test.

Andy

Andy
SQLAndy - My Blog!
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Post #26595
Posted Sunday, March 03, 2002 2:21 PM
SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 3:54 PM
When you get to the autchenication screen there is a button for client config. Did you check in there to make sure that it is deffiently using the TCP/IP network library and also make sure it does not dynamcially determine the port, uncheck that option and put the correct port in. To me it looks like the server has answered as it is there but does not answer the authorization fast enough before the timeout occurrs. I don't believe this is MDAC related or server side configuration but I am still trying to directly reporduce. You may if your company owns one wanrt to put a packet sniffer of the connection from the user or the local router to the SQL server to see if you are suffering a packet problem. Also run Performance monitor at the client and the server to see if you have a high number of packets being lost this could explain why the client sees the server but is having troubles talking to it.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Post #26596
Posted Sunday, March 03, 2002 2:40 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:07 AM
Hello guys,

Yes I can ping the SQL machine from the clients and the response is good. When I tried using QA from the client, I got the following:

Unable to connect to server P4
ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State1
.... Timeout Expired

I just made sure it is using TCP and unchecked determine dynamically, so it is using 1433.

I still have the same error.

When I test a DSN on the machine with SQL, it is successful and the response is immediate.

Appreciate the help,

Dan

Post #26597
Posted Sunday, March 03, 2002 5:15 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Ok, here is something strange...

I decided to enable MultiProtocol on the server. Once I did that, I came back to the Client and set the DSN to MultiProtocol. Click Next and after waiting a bit - Error. I then went back into the configuration and set the DSN back to TCP. Click Next and it moved on and the test was successful and quick.

Does this give any clues as to the problem...

Dan

Post #26598
Posted Sunday, March 03, 2002 5:39 PM
SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 3:54 PM
No not really, could have been a corruption in the configuration that reset when you moved off TCP/IP then back on, but I would have to dig in the registry and try to force it myself. If I get a chance I have a test machine to play like this and will.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

Post #26599
Posted Sunday, March 03, 2002 5:49 PM
Valued Member

OK, you are probably right.

Well at least I am able to create a couple of new DSN's to get me going.

If you find anything further, please post.

Thanks again,

Dan

Post #26600
Posted Sunday, March 03, 2002 9:21 PM

Keeper of the Duck

Keeper of the Duck

Last Login: Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:06 PM
The way Multiprotocol works, it'll pass the computer name to RPC, and RPC will attempt to make a connection to the server using each supported NetLibrary present: Named Pipes, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, whatever is there. It'll also do name resolution based on those methods (broadcast, WINS, SAP). Perhaps it was just too much traffic all at once?

K. Brian Kelley
bkelley@sqlservercentral.com
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley, CISA, MCSE, Security+, MVP - SQL Server
Regular Columnist (Security), SQLServerCentral.com
Author of Introduction to SQL Server: Basic Skills for Any SQL Server User
| Professional Development blog | Technical Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter
Post #26601
Posted Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:42 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:09 PM
I am facing the same error. I have Cisco VPN installed on a few PCs that need access from home. It used to work fine. Now, issues. I don't know what may have changed. Service pack??

I can connect to the server. I can see the server shared drives, etc. I can get to my Outlook mail (albeit incredibly slow).

However, when I try anything dealing with SQL databases I get the error. I can't connect to my databases (SQL Server 2000). I tried creating a new odbc connection. The server list box shows the servers, but I get the error if I try to connect to them.

My server is Windows 2000 server.

Post #246258
Posted Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:30 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, February 22, 2013 6:52 AM
Hello,
I have similar problem. Two application server exactly the same configuration one works fionr one reports this error. I use TCP/IP only, telnet works fine but in ODBC or OLE DB provider this error.
Any ideas?

MCP ID# 1115468 Ceritified Since 1998
MCP, MCSE, MCP+I, MCSE+I, MCSA,
MCDBA SQL7.0 SQL 2000, MCTS SQL 2005
Post #441237
Posted Monday, October 06, 2008 12:58 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:28 AM
This link maybe helpful.

http://jesseorosz.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E322FD91218E57CF!176.entry
Post #581324
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse