Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Error: This cache contains no result sets, or the current result set contains no rows. Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:21 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:33 AM

Hi all,

Does anyone know what this error means, what causes it and how to fix it? 

Exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045026): [SQL-DMO]This cache contains no result sets, or the current result set contains no rows.

at SQLDMO.QueryResults.GetColumnString(Int32 Row, Int32 Column)

at Mbr.DbGet.DbRestorer.RestoreDatabase()

at Mbr.DbGet.DbRestorerCollection.RestoreAll()

I have created an application that restores a given database.  This application works fine on one machine but throws this error on a second machine.

I can't find anything about this error on either google or MSDN.

Can anyone help?

Kindest regards

jeanangeo

Post #223817
Posted Friday, September 30, 2005 8:00 AM
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
No one has responded to this topic yet. Even if you don't have a complete answer, the original poster will appreciate any thoughts you have!
Post #225187
Posted Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:19 AM

Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, December 19, 2014 6:28 AM

I got the same error in:

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) 
Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation
Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 1)

The error:

http://i16.tinypic.com/2hwjhpx.jpg

While selecting a backup device (file) during a restore of a database, this error occurred in the Enterprise Manager. Previous to this message, the button "select devices..." didn't respond.

I have no clue... anyone?

Post #348075
Posted Saturday, May 1, 2010 11:58 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:01 PM
Please forgive me for being tardy to the party (I brought beer, though...honest). But since this just happened to me today and since I was able to figure out at least one possible reason why this behavior occurs, I wanted to share it.

This error message can occur if the folder that contains your backup file has a space in the folder name. To solve the problem, replace the space with a dash (this may work with an underscore as well, although I haven't tried it).

E.g. if your folder path is C:\SQL Backups\, rename it to C:\SQL-backups\.

Hopefully this helps someone. That one little dash can make all the difference (it did for me, anyway.)

Search Engine Friendly Layouts - layout code samples that are both user and search engine friendly.
Post #914261
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse