Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Execute multiple queries on a single connection simultaneously. Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:00 AM
The keyword here is "asynchronus"... all queries running at the same time from the same connection... Looking forward to Yukon .
Post #198710
Posted Friday, July 8, 2005 8:51 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:55 AM

Not physically , but mentally i could've

MARS

http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/Csharp/cs_network/database/article.php/c8715__1/

I'm not much of a DOT net guy, but I did show this to someone who I think knows DOT net well, and he said that its not the answer to what I need.

What I hear I forget, what I see I remember, what I do I understand
Post #198714
Posted Friday, July 8, 2005 8:55 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Maybe you should ask him (as I'm not .net either)... but I don't think that this is what you want.
Post #198718
Posted Friday, July 8, 2005 9:29 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:51 AM

MARS do provide what you asked for:

Execute multiple queries on a single connection simultaneously

And asynchronuos excecution is being supported even by ODBC since a long time ago therefore the key is not "asynchronuous". And what is more why do you need that again? What will be the problem of sending  multiple select statements in one batch?

* Noel
Post #198754
Posted Friday, July 8, 2005 9:31 AM

SSC-Insane

Are you missing those words already???

I a g r e e .
Post #198760
Posted Friday, July 8, 2005 9:36 AM
SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 5:51 AM

Eagerly waiting for poster reply

* Noel
Post #198764
Posted Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:55 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

The reason why I want asynchronous execution is because that way both the queries will get executed on the same connection simultaneously and at the same time hence it will be quicker than executing them sequentially which I believe is the default way of executing multiple queries and might be slower in comparison.

Post #199184
Posted Monday, July 11, 2005 3:36 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

Can I specify the prefetch clause so that I can regulate (read increase) the number of rows of data that gets copied from the database to the client, as this would mean that I am copying more rows back to the client where by the efficiency could increase.

Just another school of though (might not be completely in line with what i had posted before).

Post #199225
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse