Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Litespeed for SQL Server Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:19 AM

Hi all,  Sounds like lots of experience out there.  I'm looking for some suggestions for a standard install to our production/DR/Dev/Test and UA servers. Any gotchas with installing/supporting the Activity Logging (other than that stated above).

It sounds like the Activity Logging must reside locally on each server where LiteSpeed is installed.  Is there any performance hit or major capacity planning to be considered before the installation?  We have a mission-critical oltp.

Your help is greatly appreciated!  TIA!

Post #286818
Posted Monday, June 12, 2006 9:52 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:18 AM

Debbi,

It has been a year since I did this review.  I would highly advice you to try Imceda's Live Chat Mode or email them directly.  I would hate to steer you in the wrong direction.  I was highly impressed by their response to Chat last year. 

Good luck!

All the best,

Dale

Author: An Introduction to SQL Server 2005 Management Studio
Post #286898
Posted Monday, December 18, 2006 3:29 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 1:21 AM
Hi Dale,

Sorry - I missed your reply to my original post and I was just trawling through my old posts...

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying that you were an Imceda stooge, just that some of the figures seemed to be gleaned from their website at the time.

My main concern was that I was hoping to see some hard core testing against big databases as, I imagine, a large number of people buy Litespeed for, um, it's speed Therefore I was disappointed to see a test against Northwind, even if it was on your home lab PC.

I do work with Mark, yes, and I welcome competition

Malcolm
DB Ghost - Build, compare and synchronize from source control = Database Change Management for SQL Server
www.dbghost.com
Post #331154
Posted Monday, December 18, 2006 10:16 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, October 4, 2007 10:09 AM

post reply - take 2 ....

what about this benchmark?

http://weblog.infoworld.com/dbunderground/archives/2006/10/just_when_you_t.html - it's not on Northwind

Brian Lockwood
President
ApexSQL - SQL Developer Essentials

http://www.apexsql.com/blog

Stand up for an Independent SQL Community - be Informed
Post #331307
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse