Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase

An attempt was made to set a report parameter that is not defined in this report Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Friday, August 29, 2014 3:41 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:44 AM
Points: 25, Visits: 363
I have a drill through report that passes 4 parameters to a second report. The parameters are "Group", "Source", "SourceOther" and "page".
The Second report has 4 parameters matching the name of the sent parameters. The dataset expects "Group", "Source", "SourceOther" and "page" but when I click on the text box to open the second report I get the message An attempt was made to set a report parameter 'Group' that is not defined in this report.

I have checked the rdl file.
<ReportParameter Name="Group">
<DataType>String</DataType>
<AllowBlank>true</AllowBlank>
<Prompt>Group</Prompt>
Can someone help me?
Post #1608527
Posted Friday, August 29, 2014 7:59 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:03 AM
Points: 586, Visits: 1,153
Is the parameter defined in your dataset/shared dataset?

Sorry, misread your post. I had this issue once and the problem was with the shared dataset.....

Have you made sure that the names of the parameters are exactly the same? If you have changed things as you went along then you might have missed that out?
Have you tried removing the parameter from the drillthrough report and then recreating it? Sometimes when copying/re-purposing reports things can get corrupt/mixed up...





I'm on LinkedIn
Post #1608610
Posted Friday, August 29, 2014 10:50 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
Points: 154, Visits: 221
Hi make sure “Name” of the ReportParameter must match the name parameter in the report.
Post #1608804
Posted Saturday, August 30, 2014 12:18 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:44 AM
Points: 25, Visits: 363
The base report has the parameter name of directorate the sub level has the parameter name of group so on the text box action I pass Group with a value of parameters!directorate.value.
It is the same methodology I have used in other reports.
By the way this report is currently working we are just migrating it to reporting services and tightening it up a bit.
Post #1608809
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse