Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SQL Load Balancing with Availability Groups Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:49 PM
We are having a conversation at work and the subject of load balancing with SQL came up. Right now we are running SQL Server 2014 on four (4) machines. I am using a AlwaysOn with Availability Groups (AG). Now I know that we can scale out the reading in AG by allowing the secondary serves to receive reads. Is there a way to be able to do this with writes? Can I have in essences 2 masters that some how reconcile with each other? We are expecting a huge amount of writes in the near future and we need a way for SQL to handle the amount of traffic we are expecting with out any issues.

I explored the possibility of Peer - to - Peer replication; however, it seems that it would be more work if we are constantly making updates to the database scheme. I am just looking for any ideas that could be of use.

Thank you
Post #1608309
Posted Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:52 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:31 AM
mqbk (8/28/2014)
Is there a way to be able to do this with writes? Can I have in essences 2 masters that some how reconcile with each other?

No, that is not a feature that is offered in AlwaysOn Availability groups

mqbk (8/28/2014)
I explored the possibility of Peer - to - Peer replication

Currently, that is the only option open to you, apart from moving to an Oracle RAC environment

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1608316
Posted Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:15 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:49 PM
I kind of figured that would be the answer. I was hoping someone was smarter than I and discovered some type of work around.
Post #1608322
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse