Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

how to: make a multiple chart report, each chart to show different views of the same dataset?<!-- 864 --><!-- 864 --> Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:45 PM
I need some guidance to what functionality (by name) in SSRS I can achieve the below.
Need a one page SSRS performance summary report for each organization we partner with. Each report must have 4 tables on it, showing *different* views of the *same* dataset.

DETAILS about the dataset
SQL dataset returns:
org_name
, division_name
, count(sent_leads)
, count(referrals)
, year
, month

DETAILS about the report
SSRS 1 page report to have 4 tables:
Table 1, to have 3 columns: Divisions, sum(Sent_Leads), sum(referrals) grouped by division for the most recent month.
Table 2, to have 13 columns. 12 to show how many sent_leads and referrals for each of the twelve months of current year that have elapsed so far, and the 13th one for labeling the sum(referrals) and sum(move-ins) under each Month header.
Table 3, to have 13 columns, just like Table 2, but to be for displaying sent_leads and referrals last year.
Table 4, just like table 2 and 3, but displaying sent_leads and referrals for 2 years ago.

Please see the attached image. Because of my computer's screen size image shows only 3 tables, but it gives the general idea.

I'm totally unable to figure out how to get each of tables 2,3,4 to display a different years worth of data, and table 1 to show only the current month's data. What is it that am I trying to achieve in SSRS terms so that I can search for it and find some good tutorials?

Post Attachments 
multichartSSRS.png (8 views, 25.26 KB)
Post #1605287
Posted Wednesday, August 20, 2014 7:00 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
Since you are returning everything in one data set you need to use filters on the tablii. Here's an article on filters that should get you started.

For data region 1 you do want a table type control.
For data regions 2-4 I'd use a matrix and I'd fill out my data set so that it always contains all 12 months with either NULL or 0 in the numeric columns depending on what the business wants to see.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Post #1605406
Posted Wednesday, August 20, 2014 9:16 AM
Old Hand