Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Converting large excel spreadsheet to normalized data in SQL 2012 Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:47 PM
OK< I guess I can answer my own questions here :). I have to separate the declare and set into two statements.

Petr
Post #1600772
Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 1:40 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:20 AM
Also try to post in the right version of SQL servers forums. As you posted in the 2012 forum I gave you a 2012 answer.

Alternatively, detail what version of SQL you are running in your post, that way we can try and replicate your environment as best as possible.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1601061
Posted Friday, August 8, 2014 7:59 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:54 AM
What I've done in the past is manipulate the data into tabular format in Excel using a Pivot Table and then it's just a straight import:

http://datapigtechnologies.com/blog/index.php/transposing-a-dataset-with-a-pivottable/
Post #1601190
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse