Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Replication - pre/post scripts with error failed to launch 'sqlcmd' Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 11:51 AM
I am getting this error on the replication distribution job:

source_name error_code error_text
MSSQL_REPL 5 Access is denied.
MSSQL_ENG C:\ReplData_Hotfix\unc\100-xxxx-D-yyy$PATIENT_PUBLICATION\20140801144302\NUC_Patient_Publ77e153f5_0.sql
MSSQL_REPL 20130 Failed to launch 'sqlcmd'

The job runs under the sql server agent account which is an admin of the box and is also sysadmin on the distributor server. Full control permissions are granted on the snapshot folder C:\ReplData_Hotfix\unc\.

Please advise. Thanks!

Post #1598843
Posted Friday, August 1, 2014 10:56 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 10:41 PM
U can execute pre and post scripts using sqlcmd utility. Before the snapshot is applied u need to specify scripts at Subscriber side. Script is used to create logins and schemas and more variety of reasons. U need to specify file location for each script and Snapshot agent copies files to snapshot folder when snapshot processing occurs. For more info visit: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms152525.aspx
Post #1598845
Posted Thursday, August 7, 2014 2:19 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Tuesday, December 9, 2014 11:51 AM
Thank you for the reply. I found the cause of the issue. I added the service account to the share and it worked.
Post #1600880
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse