Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

In transaction replication, do we need to backup subscriber database Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 5:15 AM
Hi!

I am new to replication. I have transactional replication setup between two servers.

Do I need to create Full and T-log backup for the subscriber databases involved in replication?
Post #1596507
Posted Monday, July 28, 2014 11:55 PM
Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:56 PM
Pritz (7/26/2014)
Hi!

I am new to replication. I have transactional replication setup between two servers.

Do I need to create Full and T-log backup for the subscriber databases involved in replication?

Replication does not require you to do backups of the subscriber database. However, this may not be appropriate depending on your circumstances such as
- is there other use of the subscriber database (e.g. an application that updates data either in the replicated tables or other tables)
- how long would it take to get the subscriber database back online if a disaster occurred

Post #1597150
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse