Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Summer, Summer, Summertime Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 6:20 AM
I took my 10th trip (I had been going since the 1970s) to the UK from the US. Instead of just staying in London and doing day trips to Brighton, Bath and York, we went to the Lake District, Llandudno and Portmeirion (where they filmed The Prisoner from the 1960s). We had no rain in the Lake District and was actually a little warm on the mini van. As I don't drive there, we took a stream train from Blaenau to Minnfford, which is about 1.5 miles from Portmeirion. The hotel picked us from there. The rest of the time was spent in London and going to local parks and Kew Gardens. We did go to Brighton, but it was actually cool.

Post #1596185
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 7:07 AM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 9:06 AM
Wife and I had our third baby (that's relaxing, right?), and got in a good amount of fishing. Our busy season for sales here at work is fall through early winter, so our big IT projects are done in late spring and summer. Not too much on the database side this year, but I have been busy with app stuff.
Post #1596199
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 7:07 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:07 PM
We moved, from a 1144 sq ft house built in 1935 to a 2168 sq ft house built in 1953. I finally have a home office.
Post #1596200
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 7:51 AM

SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 6:00 AM
My brother and I were at our cottage last week and the septic system backed up. We needed to locate where the pipe went out of the septic tank and we were all set to start digging when I suggested "Why not witch it"? My brother concurred with this and a few minutes and a couple of bent coat hangers later we had located the path of the pipe without a single spade being used.
Post #1596217
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 8:51 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:49 PM
My wife and I spent a week on Victoria Island (just north of Seattle WA) without the kids. We spent 4 days hiking the Jean de Fuca marine trail which is beautiful.

Francis
Post #1596258
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 9:12 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:18 PM
Started a new job not too long ago so I didn't have much vacation time this summer.
Spent the summer working and then preforming the Dad taxi role shuffling my kids from swim practice to swim meet.

Getting excited because soccer season is starting and now I can spend my evenings/weekends shuffling the kids from soccer practice to soccer games and watching the EPL whenever I have a chance.
Post #1596269
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 9:31 AM
SSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:01 PM
We have plans for a mid-August trip to the Washington Coast. Some say being so far north the beach is too cold, but the sea, sand, and company are great. Last visit was excellent and far enough away to forget work.

Looking forward to it.

M...

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!
Post #1596283
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 10:47 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:55 PM
We didn't have much plans for summer, we expected to visit south of Mexico on September but my wife broke her calf. Now she has to keep at rest. She's visiting her parents at the beach next week and, hopefully, I'll spend a long weekend with her.
Other than that, we're restricted to stay at home.

Luis C.
Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1596318
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 2:17 PM

SSCrazy

Last Login: Sunday, August 17, 2014 3:10 PM
We took a short but wonderful vacation down to New Orleans to enjoy fabulous food and good times. We went people-watching on Bourbon Street, where they do cheap and tawdry well. We meandered through shops and galleries. We ate to an elegant sufficiency. We sang and danced (badly) but the wonderful thing about New Orleans is that nobody else cares.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
Stop, children, what's that sound? -- Stephen Stills
Post #1596399
Posted Friday, July 25, 2014 2:21 PM
SSCrazy

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:36 AM
My 18 year old went to Iceland, my 13 year old is in Scotland helping with a heritage steam train tour, my middle son is.....somewhere else. First time since the kids were born that the wife and I have had an empty house.

Nice, but at the same time strangely melancholy

LinkedIn Profile
Newbie on www.simple-talk.com
Post #1596403
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse