Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database Designing Related Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:49 AM
Hi Friends,

Please Help me......

I Have the below requirement........

1. Design the DB for ‘Retail Stores Business’ where various products are on sale in both physical and online stores across the globe.

2. Design the DB for ‘Car parking allotment’ in commercial business complex.

3. Write multiple stored procs to retrieve sales info. based on each store, product, country.

Post #1595189
Posted Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:16 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 1:44 PM
This sounds like homework. Designing a DB is a lot of work and you should go step by step with the design.
You have a good example with the AdventureWorks databases, but you shouldn't copy it as it is (anyone with SQL Server experience would notice).
Try to keep it simple, identify entities and their attributes and relationships. Everything comes from there.

Luis C.
Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1595195
Posted Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:22 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 1:49 AM
Hi Luis,

Can you just give me an idea of how can we create.... as iam newbie into this.... and i got this to do as an assignment .... please help me out....
Post #1595198
Posted Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:41 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 1:44 PM
You could read the Stairway to Database Design on this site.

Luis C.
Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1595241
Posted Thursday, August 14, 2014 11:02 AM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Today @ 2:16 PM
reddychaitanyakrishna (7/22/2014)
Hi Friends,

Please Help me......

I Have the below requirement........

1. Design the DB for ‘Retail Stores Business’ where various products are on sale in both physical and online stores across the globe.

2. Design the DB for ‘Car parking allotment’ in commercial business complex.

3. Write multiple stored procs to retrieve sales info. based on each store, product, country.

I think your class should have given you some idea of where to begin to build a database and how extensive they want it. Start to think about all the entities (products, cars, ..) involved, draw out the relationships between them (one to many, ... ) and the transactions that occur involving these. This is not a quick to do and you need to participate in your class through office hours or study groups to get better help.
Post #1603389
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse