Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Database Mail and port 587 Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 5, 2014 6:19 PM
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me. For our sql server, we have had to change the port to 587, and we have alerts in place that sends us a text message whenever a SQL job fails. After changing the port we no longer get those alerts to our phones, and i understand its because with port 587 we cant send to external addresses. Is there a way around this, or what is the best practice to implement alerts if we are not allowed to use port 25?
Post #1594288
Posted Monday, July 21, 2014 1:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 2:20 AM
You would need to speak to your mail admins to ensure that the email server your using accepts connections on the port in question. If it does then your network admins will need to step in to see why the packets arn't getting to your mail server, probably a misconfiguration on a ACL or an ACL needs to be added.

Want an answer fast? Try here
How to post data/code for the best help - Jeff Moden
Need a string splitter, try this - Jeff Moden
How to post performance problems - Gail Shaw
CrossTabs-Part1 & Part2 - Jeff Moden
SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance - Ola Hallengren
Managing Transaction Logs - Gail Shaw
Troubleshooting SQL Server: A Guide for the Accidental DBA - Jonathan Kehayias and Ted Krueger

Post #1594477
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse