Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Source Control: As cool as ice cream or as boring as watching it melt? Expand / Collapse
Author
SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, May 18, 2007 3:36 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Source Control: As cool as ice cream or as boring as watching it melt?
Post #1593902
Posted Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:11 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:18 PM
Article is more excruciating than actual source control.
Post #1595607
Posted Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:49 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:01 AM
I don't care much for the browser ad on the article page. I am qualified to advise people on selecting browser software and I don't need input from somebody in marketing.
Post #1595741
Posted Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:10 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 3:39 PM
I gave this one star only because I couldn't subtract one. If you'd like to know why, let me know and I'll write a quiz for you to find out.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1595789
Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:50 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:57 AM
Article was like watching ice cream melt. But without the ice cream. Stupid.

Source control is a tool. It is supposed to get out of the way and help you get your real job done more safely and efficiently. It's not supposed to be a regular topic of discussion, so of course it's boring when read about or discussed. Learn it and move on.
Post #1597457
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse