Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Error while Assigning database level role (db_datareader) to SQL login (Domain Account) Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:00 AM
Team,

I got an error while creating a User for Domain Account. Below is the screen shot of the error (error : 15401)

Database instance is on SQL 2003 SP3. ( I know it is out of support, But the customer is relutanct to upgrade)

On Google search, i found below article which is best matching for this error

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324321

I have follows each step of troubleshooting. But still the issue persists.

Step 1. The login does not exist == The login is very much exist in the domain as i am able to add the same domain id to other database instances

Step 2. Duplicate security identifiers == i have used this query to find duplicate SID

/* SELECT name FROM syslogins WHERE sid = SUSER_SID ('YourDomain\YourLogin') */

But there was only one row returned with create date of today's.

Error while Assigning database level role (db_datareader) to SQL login (Domain Account)

Step 3. Authentication failure == Domain is available. User is able to login on other servers via RDP connection.

Step 4. Case sensitivity == Database collation is set to Case insensitivity. (CI)

Other two 5. Local Accounts & 6. Name resolution == is not applicable to me.

I tried other ways also.

A. Creating login and providing permission in one go only = User account is not created

B. Instead of GUI, use query to create login and provide required permission = Same error.

Does anybody has faced any such situation.

Post Attachments 
Error while adding user.png (2 views, 85.44 KB)
Post #1587957
Posted Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:49 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:22 PM
didn't see the screenshot you attatched, and you said "SQL 2003 SP3", did you mean 2000, since that is the forum you posted? 2005?2008?

Lowell

--There is no spoon, and there's no default ORDER BY in sql server either.
Actually, Common Sense is so rare, it should be considered a Superpower. --my son
Post #1587958
Posted Tuesday, July 1, 2014 5:51 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:00 AM
oops. my mistake.. it is SQL 2000 SP3
Post #1587961
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse