Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Passing Parameter to SQl Agent Job that runs powershell Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:00 AM
Hi

I have created a SQL Agent Job with a powershell step. The powershell script looks like the following:
Param
(
[string]$A,
[string]$B,
[int]$C
)
#Do something with $A,$B and $C

Now I have added it as a step and then created the job. What I am not able to figure out is how can I execute this job by passing parameters to the powershell script?
Post #1587137
Posted Saturday, June 28, 2014 8:51 AM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution

Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:30 PM
I use the Operating system (CmdExec) type to run Powershell scripts from jobs instead of the Powershell type. For parameters in that type just add them after the script name. Here's a command example from something that works for me.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe -NoProfile -WindowStyle Hidden -Command E:\temp\someScript.ps1 param1 param2 33

Post #1587161
Posted Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:32 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:00 AM
This is the solution I am also following currently. Thanks a lot :)
Post #1588808
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse