Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Problem with URL Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 4:37 AM
I'm trying to set up a Report Server on my laptop to test a couple of ideas. I'm having a problem convincing Visual Studio 2010 to use the URL I'm giving it. Reporting Services Configuration Manager gives me the URL as http://myserver:80/reportserver, however when I try to enter this as the TargetServerURL on the Report Properties it changes it automatically to http://myserver/reportserver. Obviously when I then try and deploy the report it fails. Internet Explorer does the same, when I enter the URL as given to me it changes it and then tells me that it can't find the website. Does anybody have any suggestions?

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
—Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help
Post #1585848
Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:49 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 4:37 AM
My colleague came up with a workaround. He suggested changing the port to another one ie http://myserver:84/ReportServer and this worked. Does anybody know why it would do that?

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
—Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help
Post #1585899
Posted Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:25 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 8:55 AM
80 is the default port for IIS so maybe that's why it was deleting the 80. It may have been failing because you have something else running on port 80 so changing the port number to an available port worked.

Jack Corbett

Applications Developer

Don't let the good be the enemy of the best. -- Paul Fleming

Check out these links on how to get faster and more accurate answers:
Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Need an Answer? Actually, No ... You Need a Question
How to Post Performance Problems
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 1
Crosstabs and Pivots or How to turn rows into columns Part 2
Post #1586132
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase