Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Never Stop Learning Expand / Collapse
Author

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:49 PM

Most people watch a lot more television than six hours per week. What do I do with that time instead? I read books and blogs. I "tinker" with SSIS and SQL Server and software development. I study our craft and trends and tools.

Amen to that! Great article Andy!

-- Alan Burstein

Read this article for best practices on asking questions.
Need to split a string? Try this (Jeff Moden)
Need a pattern-based string spitter? Try this (Dwain Camps)
My blog
Post #1586649
Posted Monday, June 30, 2014 3:24 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, September 25, 2014 12:36 AM
Truly, this site is giving lot of information every day, I am learning a lot through this site.
I thank every one who is contributing

Post #1587538
Posted Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:52 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 7:48 AM
What? SQLBits in Telford? That is really close to me so I must...hold on...I am abroad on holiday until the 20th!!!

Nothing seems to drop in my lap until, well...until I stand up!!!

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1588791
Posted Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:01 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:37 AM
Andy Leonard (6/24/2014)
Comments posted to this topic are about the item <A HREF="/articles/Editorial/110058/">Never Stop Learning</A>

Really nice article from one of the best. Thanks Andy.

The problem that I see with so many people isn't that they stopped learning. Rather it's they never started.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1589148
Posted Friday, July 4, 2014 5:43 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 9:00 AM
Andy,
You have been blessed with exceptional gifts!

Your ability to distill and communicate your knowledge is really remarkable, and it far exceeds most of your peers. Your skill is on par with the really exceptional textbook educators (that routinely charge $150-200 for their books). Your SSIS Stairway series was exceptional. (I printed the series and had it tape bound.) Have you ever considered expanding your communication skills to distilling the BI Semantic Model??

For me balance is an overrated luxury that I can't afford. I am in my late 50's and I am reinventing myself. Given the diminished runway, I am relentless in studying my craft.
Post #1589313
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse