Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Managing Connection properties of Maintenance plans using Powershell Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:56 AM
Hi All,

We are managing the password reset activity from a central server for a login which is used on our servers for executing jobs and maintenance plan jobs.

We are using the below powershell script for changing password which works quite well :

$Items = Import-CSV $ENV:TEMP\PwdList.csv -Delimiter "|"
ForEach ($Item in $Items)
{
$Instance = $Item.ServerName
$Pwd = $Item.Pwd

$Server = New-Object Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Server($Instance)
$Server.Logins.Item('adw').ChangePassword($Pwd)
$Server.Logins.Item('adw').Alter()
}

Everything works fine, however, there are some maintenance plan jobs which uses this login. So I have to open the maintenance Plan -> go to manage connection -> local server connection and then change the password there as well. If I do not perform this activity, the maintenance plan fails.

Can someone please let me know if there is a way to handle this as well using powershell so that everything is automated ?

Thanks in advance.
Post #1582769
Posted Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:24 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:26 PM
I have no access to a SQL Server instance so this is just a longshot (and probably not helpful) so sorry if this wastes your time.

Is there a PowerShell script (dropdown?) button or textbox that you can copy the necessary script for?

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1582824
Posted Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:27 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:56 AM
Hi Gaz,

I am sorry I did not understand your question

My question is regarding maintenance plans wherein after changing password of a login, we have to manually reset the password inside the Maintenance plan in the connection manager.

There I cannot see any drop down or button for powershell script ..
Post #1582914
Posted Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:10 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:26 PM
Some of the dialogs in SSMS provide the PowerShell commands that perform what is being done through the UI allowing the DBA (for the want of a better term) to copy the script. I don't know that area off the top of my head and was hoping that a longshot suggestion might prove lucky. Sorry that it didn't.

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1582952
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse