Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Integration Service Dashboard & Row Counts Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:59 PM
I recently learned that SQL Server 2012/SSIS 2012 has a feature called the Integration Service Dashboard. Does this feature include row counts? If not, is there an efficient way to modify it to supposed row counts?
Post #1579007
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:09 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 4:00 AM
imani_technology (6/9/2014)
I recently learned that SQL Server 2012/SSIS 2012 has a feature called the Integration Service Dashboard. Does this feature include row counts? If not, is there an efficient way to modify it to supposed row counts?

It does not include row counts and no, you cannot modify it as it is an internal report inside Management Studio.
The information is however stored inside the SSIS catalog so you can create your own reports.

Logging Data Flow Workload in SSIS 2012

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1579065
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:25 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:14 PM

I have not tried using these yet but someone did recreate the reports from SSMS and posted them to codeplex. So you could modify these to your liking.

Shawn Melton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).TwitterURL
@wsmelton
PS C:\>(Find-Me).BlogURL
meltondba.wordpress.com
Post #1579150
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:59 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:23 AM
Shawn Melton (6/10/2014)
I have not tried using these yet but someone did recreate the reports from SSMS and posted them to codeplex. So you could modify these to your liking.

Are you referring to the SSIS Reporting Pack produced by Jamie Thompson? That's available at: http://ssisreportingpack.codeplex.com/

Regards
Lempster
Post #1579255
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:21 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Thursday, September 18, 2014 1:52 PM

Using the basic level of logging in the catalog, I've found that custom logging using a script task returns OnInformation messages contining the custom log entries in the standard execution reports. Within the script task, use Dts.Events.FireInformation. There's an example in the help region. You could capture your row counts this way.
Post #1579264
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:08 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

kl25 (6/10/2014)

Using the basic level of logging in the catalog, I've found that custom logging using a script task returns OnInformation messages contining the custom log entries in the standard execution reports. Within the script task, use Dts.Events.FireInformation. There's an example in the help region. You could capture your row counts this way.

Or you could use the Rowcount transformation to store the result in a variable. And log that with an Execute SQL Task.
Endless options, but nevertheless extra work unfortunately...

Post #1579301
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:36 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:59 PM
I like the rowcount transformation/Execute SQL Task option. What do you mean by logging with Execute SQL? How would I do it?
Post #1579317
Posted Tuesday, June 10, 2014 11:58 AM

SSChampion

imani_technology (6/10/2014)
I like the rowcount transformation/Execute SQL Task option. What do you mean by logging with Execute SQL? How would I do it?

You simply execute an INSERT statement that inserts the value of the variable in a table.

Post #1579345
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse