Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Variable not passing through to expression Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 14, 2014 8:26 AM
Hello,

I have created a variable in a SQL Task and assigned it to a string variable. When I debug the container with a breakpoint, I can see the correct date value being assigned to the variable.

I have an ADO Net source setup to an Oracle connection. I need to pull the Oracle data down that has an updated date greater than the updated date in my ODS.

My issue is that the variable is not being passed through to my expression that I use for an ADO Net source.

"SELECT * FROM BI_EDW.GL_JE_HEADERS WHERE LAST_UPDATE_DATE > To_Date('" + (DT_WSTR, 19) @[User::varLastUpdateDate] + "','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')"

Does anybody have any ideas why???
Post #1573796
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 10:44 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 1:48 PM
Did you try building the query in a variable and using that in as the query in your ADO source ?

Jeff Schmidt
Post #1576666
Posted Monday, June 2, 2014 1:59 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Sunday, July 20, 2014 11:20 PM
bnghiem (5/22/2014)
Hello,

I have created a variable in a SQL Task and assigned it to a string variable. When I debug the container with a breakpoint, I can see the correct date value being assigned to the variable.

I have an ADO Net source setup to an Oracle connection. I need to pull the Oracle data down that has an updated date greater than the updated date in my ODS.

My issue is that the variable is not being passed through to my expression that I use for an ADO Net source.

"SELECT * FROM BI_EDW.GL_JE_HEADERS WHERE LAST_UPDATE_DATE > To_Date('" + (DT_WSTR, 19) @[User::varLastUpdateDate] + "','yyyy-mm-dd hh24:mi:ss')"

Does anybody have any ideas why???

Any errors?
Is the property EvaluateAsExpression of the variable set to true?

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1576756
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse