Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Undelying data sets Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, December 5, 2014 4:36 AM
What would be the best was to use SSRS to export datasets to excel.

In some cases - I want to enter criteria - and only have the option to see the results as an excel file.

Or alternatively some reports will be formatted so certain fields of the dataset are textboxes on the rdl report. However I also want to be able to output the full dataset (with the same report parameters applied) to excel.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.
Post #1573614
Posted Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:11 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:32 AM
You can set up a subscription that will e-mail the report as an Excel spreadsheet.

John
Post #1573621
Posted Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:34 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Friday, December 5, 2014 4:36 AM
Wont that just email the data from textboxes on the report - rather than a fuller underlying dataset?
Post #1573633
Posted Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:40 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:32 AM
I don't know enough about SSRS to know whether that's possible. But if it isn't, you could try using SSIS instead.

John
Post #1573638
Posted Tuesday, July 15, 2014 8:43 PM

SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Today @ 11:34 AM
Wont that just email the data from textboxes on the report - rather than a fuller underlying dataset?

Not sure what you mean here. Wouldn't you use a table or a matrix in a SSRS report to contain the data?

After a report renders you have the option to export it to Excel. Click the icon that look like an old floppy disk and choose to export to Excel.
As mentioned this process could be automated with a subscription.

I will mention that any headers in SSRS should be in the header section (created at SSRS design time). Else this can merge columns in the Excel edition of the report.

Post #1592885
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse