Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Performance issue Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:04 AM
I am facing problem with stored procedure. Procedure contains three temporary tables. suddenly giving low performance when i am calling from the asp.net application.

it is working fine, when i rename that procedure.

Can any anyone help on this. it is degrading the performance of the website

Post #1572067
Posted Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:28 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 7:12 PM
Definitely not enough information to help. First thing I would do is read the second article I have linked in my signature block regarding performance issues. It will walk you through what you need to post and how to post it to get the best help possible for a performance problem.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1572078
Posted Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:10 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Saturday, May 24, 2014 7:04 AM
my procedure contains three four temporary tables and using without creation of table structure

for ex:

Select * into #td from transsactions

Transactions tables contains huge data. Like that i am using three temporary tables without creating the table structure.

while calling with procedure sometimes iam getting performance issues. execution getting delayed. it is working when i rename the procedure for some days.

Post #1572102
Posted Sunday, May 18, 2014 1:16 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 7:12 PM
Ramakrishna-148487 (5/18/2014)
my procedure contains three four temporary tables and using without creation of table structure

for ex:

Select * into #td from transsactions

Transactions tables contains huge data. Like that i am using three temporary tables without creating the table structure.

while calling with procedure sometimes iam getting performance issues. execution getting delayed. it is working when i rename the procedure for some days.

As I said earlier:

Definitely not enough information to help. First thing I would do is read the second article I have linked in my signature block regarding performance issues. It will walk you through what you need to post and how to post it to get the best help possible for a performance problem.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1572103
Posted Sunday, May 18, 2014 3:18 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 12:15 PM
No where near enough information. We need at minimum the procedure definition and the table definitions, the execution plan as well would be extremely useful

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1572111
Posted Sunday, May 18, 2014 11:53 PM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 2:56 AM
As you have mention that renaming the stored procedure works fine. Based on this info you can try executing stored procedure with recompile option every time and see if you gain any performance? However recompile every time will have slight load on the server and I assume that this procedure is not executing very frequently.

Though this might not have the ideal solution and you need to study execution plan as mention by other mate in earlier post.

---------------------------------------------------
"Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Post #1572144
Posted Monday, May 19, 2014 5:55 PM

Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:05 PM
It would be good to investigate how the tables are joined, are the indexes appropriate, is it fast when you call it from ssms? As mentioned by others taking the time to provide good information helps others to help you :)
Post #1572476
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse