Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Vocation or Career Expand / Collapse
Author
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:22 AM
Gary Varga (5/6/2014)
I feel that overall it is a vocation, however, there are certainly days - or worse, whole contracts - where I feel it is more of a career. I do feel luck that I only have part of my working life when I feel the drudgery. I suspect that it is a similar experience for many.

I'm with you on this. Overall IT is my vocation, but if I spend too long working on a project, it starts to feel like a career. I think the company I work for plays a part in this as well. I love the company I work for now, but the previous company I was at could fill anything with drudgery.

The opinions expressed herein are strictly personal and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of my employer.
Post #1568613
Posted Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:26 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:55 PM
skanker (5/7/2014)
When my kids ask me what I do I still say 'I work with computers'. It is less complicated that way...lol

That's what I tell most people.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1568622
Posted Wednesday, May 7, 2014 12:40 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:16 AM
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/7/2014)
skanker (5/7/2014)
When my kids ask me what I do I still say 'I work with computers'. It is less complicated that way...lol

That's what I tell most people.

At parties I usually tell people that I am an astronaut. Everyone understands that I am not but I do manage to avoid people asking me how to do something in Publisher 97 - which I didn't even use in the 90s!!!

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1568654
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse