Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS 2008 R2: Refresh a parameter list after the report is generated Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 3:05 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering whether it's possible to refresh a parameter list after the report is generated.

Basically I have a textbox parameter, ParamTxtBox, and a drop down parameter, ParamDropDown. ParamTxtBox comes before ParamDropDown and the default value of ParamDropDown is set to ParamTxtBox.Label. After I change the value of ParamTxtBox and then click on View Report, a stored procedure, in the background, adds this value to a table, which is queried by ParamDropDown's data set.

In order to see the new ParamTxtBox value in ParamDropDown, I have to close the report and reopen it. Is it possible for me to see this value right after I click on View Report?
Post #1566944
Posted Friday, May 2, 2014 4:18 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 3:05 AM
Nevermind it appears this feature doesn't exist in SSRS http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/11eee199-7eb2-472e-b7da-76c25af62578/force-parameter-refresh-after-clicking-view-report?forum=sqlreportingservices
Post #1566975
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse