Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1234

The Results Tab Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:22 AM
Eirikur Eiriksson (5/3/2014)
IMHO: The ability to quickly hide and show the result pane is very helpful, especially when working with limited screen estate (laptops, tables & mobiles).

+1

I work for DEV environment and work with queries a lot. ctrl+R is useful when you want to see only the query you are writing and hide the result set of previous query
Post #1567248
Posted Monday, May 5, 2014 12:22 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 11:18 AM
Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)
Thomas Abraham (5/2/2014)
paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)
Bhaskar.Shetty (5/1/2014)
The good one and part of our Daily routine

Is it? I can't recall a situation where I've actually used this facility, although I knew the correct answer...would be interested to know what people use this for?

Same here. I don't recall ever even thinking I needed this.

+1

I use this daily. If I am writing a large query (for a report for example) that returns a lot of rows, I hide the results pane a lot. I run the query, enlarge the result set so I can take a good look at the rows returned. Then I hide the results again so I can keep working on the query.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1567414
Posted Monday, May 5, 2014 12:23 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Thanks for the question by the way!

Post #1567415
Posted Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:31 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 5:32 AM
Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)

You can drag & drop that border line between query pane & result pane to minimize the result pane.

Indeed you can. And then drag and drop it back again when you want to see the results again.

So much quicker and easier to use Ctrl-R
Post #1567831
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:40 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Today @ 9:16 AM
Koen Verbeeck (5/5/2014)
Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)
paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

Is it? I can't recall a situation where I've actually used this facility, although I knew the correct answer...would be interested to know what people use this for?

+1

I use this daily. If I am writing a large query (for a report for example) that returns a lot of rows, I hide the results pane a lot. I run the query, enlarge the result set so I can take a good look at the rows returned. Then I hide the results again so I can keep working on the query.

Does no-one else use the options setting 'Dispaly results in a separate tab'? You see a complete pane of results automatically when the query has run, then one quick switch back to the query. F6 toggles you between the query, results and messages. For me it's by far the best option.
Post #1570224
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:52 AM

SSChampion

david.irvine 7489 (5/13/2014)
Koen Verbeeck (5/5/2014)
Hany Helmy (5/3/2014)
paul.knibbs (5/2/2014)

+1

Does no-one else use the options setting 'Dispaly results in a separate tab'? You see a complete pane of results automatically when the query has run, then one quick switch back to the query. F6 toggles you between the query, results and messages. For me it's by far the best option.

Interesting suggestion, will try it out someday.

Post #1570233
Posted Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:12 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:16 PM
david.irvine 7489 (5/13/2014)

I used to do this in some presentations. Also, included the query on the second tab with text. However it felt strange to me.

I like showing/hiding results better. Seems to flow easier for me as a presenter.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1570409
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1234

Permissions Expand / Collapse