Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Mapped Network Share Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:00 PM
Hello - I am trying to find out what is the best way to have my ssis package export data to flat file on a mapped network share. This will run hourly with a agent job running under the service account. I know im probably going to run into issues with a network share. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!
Post #1564934
Posted Friday, April 25, 2014 12:25 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:43 AM
elee1969 (4/24/2014)
Hello - I am trying to find out what is the best way to have my ssis package export data to flat file on a mapped network share. This will run hourly with a agent job running under the service account. I know im probably going to run into issues with a network share. Any help suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !!

My suggestion would be to use a UNC path rather than a mapped drive.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1564962
Posted Monday, April 28, 2014 10:46 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Phil Parkin (4/25/2014)
elee1969 (4/24/2014)

Thanks !!

So i would put the UNC path in the connection manager in the File Name section? When the package runs under the service account will it have issues writing to that location?
Post #1565654
Posted Monday, April 28, 2014 11:02 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

elee1969 (4/28/2014)
Phil Parkin (4/25/2014)
elee1969 (4/24/2014)

Thanks !!

So i would put the UNC path in the connection manager in the File Name section? When the package runs under the service account will it have issues writing to that location?

Yes and maybe. Whether you use a mapped drive or a UNC path does not affect the permissions which the service account needs to modify files there.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1565660
Posted Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:47 AM
Valued Member

Can't get this to work. I used UNC path \\Server\E$\filepath

I get error can not find path.
Post #1566057
Posted Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:07 PM

SSCertifiable

If you log in as that service account, are you able to navigate to that path in Windows Explorer? Is that definitely a local drive on the server?

Post #1566081
Posted Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:11 PM
Valued Member

its not a local drive.

What i am trying to do is ssis package creates 3 files on Server A. Then have the 3 files places on Server B because server B can get to the outside world to send files to vendor. We thought if we create a mapped network drive that it would work but so far no go.
Post #1566087
Posted Tuesday, April 29, 2014 12:16 PM

SSCertifiable

UNC paths need to use local disks, as far as I know. But if you can map a drive to another server, you should also be able to point a UNC path at another server. I don't really understand the problem.

Post #1566090
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse