Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Find and Replace Injection String in Server 2005 Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:40 AM
allaspects (4/9/2014)
Lynn is obviously trolling. Sad that on a resource such as this website, someone is out to troll and not help.

You might want to google Lynn's contributions here before you say that....

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1560176
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:28 PM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Last Login: Today @ 7:40 AM
Jeff Moden (4/9/2014)
Heh... I tend to blame both. Cruddy tools being used by people that just don't know. It's a deadly combination.

Frighteningly true, especially since the people who don't know can't tell that the tool is cruddy.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1560179
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 2:28 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 6:47 AM
allaspects (4/9/2014)
Lynn is obviously trolling. Sad that on a resource such as this website, someone is out to troll and not help.

That's why the world can't have nice things.

That's a strong accusation based on a single thread. Lynn has been a great contributor, he just happens to have strong convictions.

Luis C.
Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1560180
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:00 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 6:43 AM
GilaMonster (4/9/2014)
allaspects (4/9/2014)

You might want to google Lynn's contributions here before you say that....

Luis Cazares (4/9/2014)
allaspects (4/9/2014)

That's a strong accusation based on a single thread. Lynn has been a great contributor, he just happens to have strong convictions.

I am humbled by your support.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1560190
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:47 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 7:27 AM
allaspects (4/9/2014)

From where you sit and since this might be your first exposure to Lynn, I can understand why you might think that but, I've known him for a very long time and I can tell you, he's definitely not a troll. He happens to be voicing an opinion that I share and, although I'm short, fat, ugly, and have a bit of an odd gait, I'm not a troll either. Lynn is a valued member of this and other forums and has helped untold numbers of people find a better way in SQL Server in a concerned and proper mentor-like fashion.

All of us take a stand on something now and then. This happens to be one place where Lynn is taking a stand. You should see me when someone insists that RBAR is good enough based on a small number of rows.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1560201
Posted Wednesday, April 9, 2014 4:26 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 6:43 AM
Jeff Moden (4/9/2014)
allaspects (4/9/2014)

From where you sit and since this might be your first exposure to Lynn, I can understand why you might think that but, I've known him for a very long time and I can tell you, he's definitely not a troll. He happens to be voicing an opinion that I share and, although I'm short, fat, ugly, and have a bit of an odd gait, I'm not a troll either. Lynn is a valued member of this and other forums and has helped untold numbers of people find a better way in SQL Server in a concerned and proper mentor-like fashion.

All of us take a stand on something now and then. This happens to be one place where Lynn is taking a stand. You should see me when someone insists that RBAR is good enough based on a small number of rows.

Thank you, Jeff. I am humbled.

And yes, I have seen your responses to people supporting RBAR code.

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1560207
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse