Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Cannot deploy cube -analysis services tutorial- Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 5, 2014 2:54 AM
Do i need to go into the manager side and actually do it this way?
Post #1561027
Posted Friday, April 11, 2014 9:45 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:09 AM
cook155 (4/11/2014)
Do i need to go into the manager side and actually do it this way?

Did you get a chance to try the route I gave you?

Good Luck :) .. Visit www.sqlsaga.com for more t-sql code snippets and BI related how to articles.
Post #1561028
Posted Friday, April 11, 2014 9:57 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Yes, it was in fact the first solution i tried because the same thing was recommended to my by someone else. I tried all impersonation methods and was wondering if i had to go into the manager part of SQL server to fix all of this?
Post #1561039
Posted Friday, April 11, 2014 9:59 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:09 AM
cook155 (4/11/2014)
Yes, it was in fact the first solution i tried because the same thing was recommended to my by someone else. I tried all impersonation methods and was wondering if i had to go into the manager part of SQL server to fix all of this?

Can you show a screen shot of when you are exactly getting the issue, I mean when you do what you are seeing this.

Good Luck :) .. Visit www.sqlsaga.com for more t-sql code snippets and BI related how to articles.
Post #1561042
Posted Friday, April 11, 2014 2:00 PM
SSC Rookie

Just where it says "service account and windows user" and the actual error message upon deployment?
Post #1561125
Posted Saturday, April 12, 2014 1:08 PM
SSC Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgfXqt3p0nk

I began to follow this video because adventure works database is what i am working with.

When i try to attach the database in SQl manager it gives me this error.

I just want to be able to deploy this database.

please, if anyone has any suggestions i am all ears.

Post Attachments 
sql mngr error #1.png (1 view, 364.97 KB)
Post #1561237
Posted Monday, April 14, 2014 7:45 AM
SSC Rookie

Here is the screenshot.

How do i check if
OLAP has started?

Post Attachments 
Errormessage2.png (1 view, 267.92 KB)
Post #1561477
Posted Monday, April 14, 2014 9:55 PM
SSC Rookie

Here is some added information that may help.

This is my local machine. I am connecting to the database Adventure works dw 2012 that i downloaded and moved to my data folder and "unblocked it".

I created a login for the AdventureWorksDW2012 and used my current login which is (name)-PC. (Also, i was told by someone i had to use the Adventure Works DW 2012 instead of regular adventure works 2012. I dont know if that is true or not)

I have been playing around with the impersonation information and obviously have been getting different errors with each attempt.

Mostly i have been just trying "Use this service account".

When i installed SQL was there any special configurations i missed?
Post #1561734
Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:14 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 5:13 AM
cook155 (4/14/2014)
Here is some added information that may help.

This is my local machine. I am connecting to the database Adventure works dw 2012 that i downloaded and moved to my data folder and "unblocked it".

I created a login for the AdventureWorksDW2012 and used my current login which is (name)-PC. (Also, i was told by someone i had to use the Adventure Works DW 2012 instead of regular adventure works 2012. I dont know if that is true or not)

I have been playing around with the impersonation information and obviously have been getting different errors with each attempt.

Mostly i have been just trying "Use this service account".

When i installed SQL was there any special configurations i missed?

Adventure Works 2012 DW is the one the cube project uses.
Adventure Works 2012 is the transactional sample.
Most cubes have a data warehouse in between the cube and the transactional source.
This has additional business logic, many times to summarize data and will be of a more report friendly structure.
The user you are using must be part of the SSAS admin group.
NT SERVICE\MSSQLServerOLAPService must have access to the Adventure Works 2012 DW.
Grant it owner role and try again.
Post #1561860
Posted Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:38 PM
SSC Rookie

Is this is done by adding a log on in the SSMS? or making changes in my config. mangager?
Post #1562102
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse